WELCOME!!

This blog is an account of our lives and ministry in South Africa. Please click on the tabs above to learn a little more about us and what we do.

We hope you enjoy our blog. Please feel free to leave your comments, we love to hear what's on your mind!



(If you got here from facebook or Twitter you can read the rest of our blog at SmithSA.blogspot.com)


Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sad Sign

I was trying to think of a comment that was full of insight and wisdom to post with this picture.  I can't think of anything.  It just makes me sad.

I found this sign in a very poor area near the squatter camp of Freedom Park.  I've met many women in this area who have no way to feed their children other than selling their bodies to mine workers.  They know no other life.  Unwanted pregnancies and STDs are just a part of their reality.
~ Lincoln

1 comment:

  1. That is really sad. Especially the lie that it is safe and pain free.

    ReplyDelete