WELCOME!!

This blog is an account of our lives and ministry in South Africa. Please click on the tabs above to learn a little more about us and what we do.

We hope you enjoy our blog. Please feel free to leave your comments, we love to hear what's on your mind!



(If you got here from facebook or Twitter you can read the rest of our blog at SmithSA.blogspot.com)


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Humbled and Amazed

In 2005 Jenny and I had the simple desire to live in a way that purposefully and intentionally allowed God to use us however He desired. At that point we began the process of moving our family to South Africa to work with AIDS orphans. Since that time the vision to reach the orphans of South Africa has spread, expanded, and mushroomed way beyond our family's efforts.


It has been amazing to watch God use our small e
fforts and multiply them exponentially. I can't say that it is because of our effort, or because of our faith, or because of anything that we have personally done. I'm so amazed to see what God has done in spite of us.


I feel like the boy who had the fish and bread that Jesus multiplied to feed the crowds of people. Jesus didn't perform that miracle becaus
e the boy had faith and asked for it. That boy didn't spend hours in prayer asking for a miracle. That boy didn't impress Jesus with his great sacrifice and service. He was simply in the right place at the right time. He was willing and available and Jesus chose to use him. That is how I feel. It totally has nothing to do with me, and I'm amazed to watch how God is working through us.


When the Red Rocks pastors caught the vision of reaching the orphans of South Africa I was amazed. When the Red Rocks team caught the vision and brought it home to their friends and family I was thrilled. Now individuals in the church are getting the vision and jumping on board with money and time. I am so humbled, amazed, and grateful. I couldn't say thank you enough to everyone involved in serving both our family and the orphans of SA.

No comments:

Post a Comment